Monday, June 9, 2008

Bittersweet

This is what I found about 9:30pm last Wednesday after a crazy day of working the garage sale:

The crib is on its 7th child. :) I think it can be repaired, but I was too tired, and this is where Ellie ended up for the next few nights:
Our big girl! Becoming less and less of a baby. I was a little awed and saddened over watching her eat a Popsicle the other night...just amazing to see her growing and learning how to do new things.

I took down the crib tonight and returned it to the basement. We had planned on keeping her in it for several more months, but we are enjoying getting to snuggle her and kiss her after she falls asleep too much to put her back in the crib. Its 9:45pm and I am still on guard duty upstairs to keep Ellie in bed...we'll let you know how it continues.

6 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Sorry about her bed!!! She is so cute....I love the pictures from the dedication.

Grammy said...

How very sweet to read all the story about the bed and Ellie's dedication. It is so very neat to be able to keep up with your lives and to feel like we are actually an active part of them. We love you all. Grammy and Gramps.

Kristin said...

What a way to "break" her in to her new "big girl" bed...I hope it happens that fast for us!!! ;)

Blessings!
Kristin

David and Marianne said...

I can totally see how bittersweet that would be for you!! I look forward to being awed and saddened watching Sarah learn and grow too! Thanks for sharing Whitney!

Jamie Hornbrook said...

Whitney!!! I love your blog!!! Congrats on the church moving along! Wow! Also congrats on the new family member, Ellie. Does she still speak spanish from time to time? Question: How did you make your blog so spiffy? Here's a tip on pics: go to picnik.com and you can have fun cropping, framing and other stuff!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SHe looks so cute snuggled in her new bed :) Dylan is excited that they are now both in a toddler bed!