Friday, September 12, 2008

My Favorite Adoption Song!

I have mentioned Evan and Emily before, but I did not get to finish their story. Last week, they were told by their caseworker to consider their referral lost (little boy from Vietnam). They had not made the deadline of 9/1 for receiving official referral paperwork. They were heartbroken, to say the least, but still seeking the glory of God. Two days later, they receive another call from the caseworker saying that they HAD received their official referral from Vietnam the week before, meeting the deadline. How blessed I was to hear Emily say, "He's Ours!!"

I have been so encouraged by their faithfulness to the Lord in their adoption journey. When I put together our visit trip video, I used a song that Emily had written for a lullaby cd she put together. At that time, I put in a request that she write an adoption song, knowing that it would be a testimony to the work for our heavenly Father.

I was thrilled to find this post on Emily's blog this week! She shares a song that she has been working on in a beautiful and simple way. Hit play on her video and scroll through the words. Knowing Anh's story, I cannot imaging looking at his face and not giving God praise for the work He has done in his young life!

0 comments: