Monday, April 30, 2007

Lessons from a Bike Ride


As I mentioned earlier on, I started this blog after reading those of other families adopting from Guatemala. Two of my favorites are:
hudsonsstory.blogspot.com
adventuresinadoption.blogspot.com
Each of these have posted video of trips to visit their children they are waiting to bring home that are especially moving. I am so excited to meet Ellie and bring her into our family, but these blogs remind me that we will have to go through some tough stuff in order to do that. I am almost relieved that we are only waiting for a referral not waiting to bring a little one home. However, as I told Austin on our bike ride today, life is not always easy and sometimes you have to do the harder things to be challenged to get better. For Austin, those harder things are hills and skinned elbows and for Daniel and I, it will be leaving our daughter in another country (among many others). Austin will gain confidence and independence in riding a two-wheeler, and we will gain a daughter, to be forever part of our family, closeness to each other, and greater depth and maturity in our walk with the Lord.

4 comments:

Rose said...

I love the colors on your blog. Very pretty. Hoping you get your referral soon! It is such an exciting time! Roseann

Bekah said...

Whitney, I am so glad to have connected with you! I will pray for your family as you await the referral of your precious daughter! Thanks so much for your sweet, encouraging comment on our blog! Where do you guys live? You can email me at bekahmoser@gmail.com. It's always nice to know a fellow midwestern pastor's wife! :) I am excited to follow your journey! Blessings!

Jami said...

Hi Whitney! Your kids are so cute! :) This journey has it's tough times but oh so worth it!!! God is teaching me a lot!! Do you have email??

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
I am enjoying your blogs tremendously, and glad to get to know you even better than before.
we love you
Grammy and Gramps