Monday, April 23, 2007

Why Start ANOTHER Blog?

I started this blog after reading blogs of other mothers further along in the adoption process than we are. They were very helpful for understanding what happens after a referral (getting matched with a specific child) on the Guatemala end. I thought you, our family and friends, would benefit from the more "technical stuff" and possibly feel more deeply connected to the journey. Despite rumors on other blogs, this is not a competition in blogging, as I make no guarantees that you will find this entertaining (as my husband's blog usually is), just hopefully helpful and maybe interesting.

7 comments:

Jami said...

Hi Whitney - thanks for your post on my blog. I'll be checking yours too! It's a wild ride but SO WORTH IT!!!!! :)

Leslie said...

Daniel and Whitney- I am looking forward to reading updates on little Ellie!

Melissa Fruendt said...

Daniel & Whitney,
Thank you for being willing to share your journey of your adoption of Ellie. We'll be praying for you in every way. May God Bless!

John and Sarah said...

Whit- I was tempted to open your blog ten times tonight just to give Daniel some competition on the counter, but thought that would be deceitful:) Sweet pics of the kids...
Love, Sarah

Aunt Amanda said...

Dylan is very excited about meeting his cousin ELLIE! Aunt Amanda is pretty excited too. I hope that she lets me do her hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Whitney, I am so very excited for your family!! You are all in my prayers.

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
I am quite new (definitely) to blogging. I am not even sure what the word derivation of blogging came from. We are excited about the upcoming new addition to your family and are in prayer for you all. We can hardly wait, too, to see little Ellie Bennett. We love you all.
Grammy and Gramps