Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Time is Here...

Today we spent the day doing Christmas stuff... like moving furniture to make room for the tree, visiting the same Christmas tree vendor from Wisconsin, from whom we have purchased every real tree that we have ever bought, racing to pick out a tree because it is soooo cold, and watching our traditional Christmas movie while sipping hot cocoa and decorating the tree (potentially messy, but no mishaps). I also had a present, not under the tree, but in my inbox! Pictures and video from Angel's trip in early November to Eagle's Nest! (Again, thank you, thank you!) Yes, yes... we have been abundantly blessed with not only our monthly update pictures, but pics and sweet words of how THREE families have loved and prayed for our daughter, just this month. I am overjoyed with how the Lord answers prayer! When we made contact with a woman serving at EN short term this summer just after our referral, I prayed that the Lord would continue to put people in our path that would be going to EN, and He has overwhelmed us!

I am not sure how much longer this road will be, but

"By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life." Psalm 42:8 ESV







Hannah wore this little pink shirt, too, so Ellie is getting all those hugs we gave to Hannah in it...also the first time I have seen her in anything that we left for her. :)




8 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Thank you so much for the look into your lives at Christmas time!
Thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of your family with all of us. The pictures of Ellie are absolutely charming! It is wonderful to see how she is growing and filling out.
We love you all.
Grammy and Gramps

jajbs said...

I LOVE the pics of her peeking from the doorway! She is PRECIOUS!

amanda

Ashley said...

I can't wait for her to get here!

Amanda and Paul said...

Whitney- Ellie is so adorable!! I know she will be here soon!! Merry Christmas!!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

What a wonderful Christmas tradition you have!
I love the new pictures of Ellie. she is so pretty!!

Sharon

Katie said...

I agree.. the peeking pictures are priceless !!!!!

Angel said...

I have a little Christmas present for ya on my blog. Angel

Amy said...

I love these pictures and those huge eyes! We are looking forward to getting to know her soon.