Tuesday, November 27, 2007

These were a sweet surprise! Thank you so much Deidre! Please be praying for Kendall to be progressing thought PGN quickly as well!



She looks so fancy and grown-up!


Such a sweet, serious expression.


Something is missing here...


This photo especially brought comfort because I know that Mimi and her other mamas are loving on her everyday!


It is so hard to know how I should hold my heart. In some senses, I am hardened and guarded so that I will not be disappointed when delays and disappointments come. Yet, I long to hold on to the closeness that we began to have in July. Some nights, I can dream so vividly that I am lifting her out of the pictures I see and feel her in my arms. It has been four months today since we handed her back. I do miss her so and long to have her here with us.

For me, and I have checked and checked my motives on this, I really do want her home mainly so we can begin spiritual training as early as possible. I know that I am not in control of her salvation, but I am so burdened for her soul (as is the case for all my kiddos). I pray over and over that the Lord will guard her heart and keep it pliable to Him. (Sigh) Just another issue to seek peace from the Father.

17 comments:

Teresa said...

OH MY GOSH! She is so darling. I love those little dress shoes! How exciting to get unexpected pictures!

Amy said...

[Her shoe. It took me a minute.] :)

She continues to be a precious little girl. Praying with you for her quick homecoming. May the Lord hear your prayers for a tender heart.

Stephanie said...

She is a Beauty!!! I am praying you are out soon so you can have her back in your arms and with your precious family. So glad you had a great time off traveling!

FordeFam said...

I love reading your blog!!! I'm praying for you guys!!! Adorable pics! ;)
Maia ><>

jajbs said...

I know where you are and it is the same place I was at the end. You are getting close! Hang on... she will be home soon.

She is adorable and looking all grown up! Her hair is precious!

I am praying for you and wish we could have met... maybe next time!

amanda

Bekah said...

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks so precious in her little dress. As I was trying to fall asleep last night and praying for my kiddos I was struggling with the exact same things you voiced in this post. Feeling like I have guarded my heart but longing to feel the closeness with Isa that I had in April. We long to have her home to begin teaching her about Jesus but are trusting that the Lord will protect her little heart. [sigh] Soon. Praying she is with you soon.

Grammy said...

Beautiful Baby...Loving family waiting for her. We are praying she will soon be a permanent part of the Bennett Clan.
Love,
Grammy and Gramps

Leah said...

I understand completely the emotions you are going through. In times like these, we have to focus on what is true and the faithfulness of our God to His children. That all He does is for our good and His glory, always remembering man's chief end in all situations. I know that the Lord is molding us to be more like His son even in these situations and we have a small glimpse of His longing for His sheep to be with Him for all eternity.

Ellie is beautiful in her little dress. She looks like such a little lady. What a blessing to receive these picture updates.

Let us pray for one another during this time... to be right in our focus ...upon the One who loved us first. Tears are an OK thing, too.

Katie said...

Wow -- she just gets more and more beautiful!! Love her all dressed up with her serious look !!

Katie said...

Wow -- she just gets more and more beautiful!! Love her all dressed up with her serious look !!

Anonymous said...

Oh Whitney, she is so beautiful!! Praying that you will get to hold your sweet precious girl very soon!

John and Sarah said...

Whitney- What a sweet sweet little lady. I can imagine only a small bit the nearness you desire for her- keep your focus on the Lord- He desires the same nearness from us. Ah, the soul of us moms... so overwhelming to carry it around in times like this.

Love you and glad you are back,
Sarah

Jill Phillips said...

Oh, Whitney, she absolutely melts my heart! Praying for you all today. -Jill Phillips

The Wilkens Family said...

She is precious! She looks like such a big girl all dressed up.

Courtney said...

she looks so grown up... courtney

Megan said...

Fancy girl!! She is so beautiful! Praying for a speedy homecoming...

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift you all in prayer and for God's timing in this desire He planted in your heart.

Welcome back.

Nicole