Monday, August 18, 2008

A belated "Ahhhh"

We are trying to get all of the readoption paper work complete and be done. (This is normal, we are just changing her name and getting an IL birth certificate for Ellie, to make things easier down the road for her). I receive the court papers to sign, and the attorney has put down the date of October 17, 2007 as when the adoption was finalized, not December 13, 2007 as we thought. So, after calling and leaving messages back and forth, I have been convinced that the date is indeed 10/17/07. Which means that we were approved the day after we were resubmitted from our previo, which means we sat waiting for Barios to sign us out for TWO months. This happens to EVERYONE, but I really wanted our attorney to be wrong. I didn't want to think about how we could have been reunited with her on December 1st rather than January 27th.

BUT, God is sovereign and this was all apart of His perfect plan. Unfortunately, the sin nature in me wants to let out a little "AHHH" inside.

5 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

just wanted to let you know I made 7 dollars when I "purchased" (it was free) my shampoo and conditioner yesterday.....I am getting better at it.

Grammy said...

Glad it is all working out! CAn't wait to see you all.
Love you all,
Grammy

David and Marianne said...

Reminds me a lot of the moment I was talking to a lady at the USE on the phone about our PINK(while I was still in the U.S.) and she told me our appt. had been that morning... ditto on the "AHHHH"!!!

Debbie said...

PGN really liked the 8 week mark for some reason. We were approved 7 weeks after being resubmitted from our previo, but they wouldn't release our file until the 8 week mark. Ugh!

Also, we are in the process of Lili's readoption and legal name change right now. Our court date is September 19th. It will be good to have it completed so I can finish up the other stuff like her social security card and COC with her new legal name

Leah said...

I know they often date the paperwork when it arrives or within 3 days of submission or resubmission to meet the "requirements" of the law which states the paperwork must be reviewed within 3 days. Our gov't has to use that date as well, as that is the only written documentation they have to go by, not when the attorney general signs off. Peculiar deal.

The blessing is that you have had her for the past 7 months and her adjustment has been so wonderful.