Monday, October 8, 2007

I Am Having to Get Creative...

When you are in PGN, there is no news (we think we are still in), bad news (kicked out), or great news (OUT!). We have not had a case update, so I am having to get creative to come up with adoption related posts, to follow my own rules for this blog. :) This past weekend, we made a quick seven-hour drive to the great city of Minneapolis (or "Mini-apple" as the older kids trained Noah to say...he was disappointed there were no apples) to visit some churches during Daniel's sabbatical. In addition to meeting John Piper and hearing him teach, we got to have lunch with Cameron, and his parents, Aimee and Brian. Cameron was at EN where Ellie is, and we spent some time with him in July. When Aimee and Brian picked up Cam, they sent lots of great pics of Ellie. It was fun to trade stories, meet these people that we have already bonded with, and I loved getting to see Cameron "on this side!" The camera was left in the car, so we just go a quick shot in the parking lot, to allow me "to have something to blog!" :) Thanks guys, it was a fun lunch!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Whit,
It was so great to see Cameron on "this side". I have thought of him quite often, thinking how adorable he looked and hoping he would soon get to be with his new family!
Beautiful pics of all.
Love,
Grammy

David and Marianne said...

I am "green"...I would love to meet John Piper : ) So fun!! And I didn't realize Daniel was on sabbatical?? We'll have talk about what that's like...our church just implemented the sabbatical for our pastors on a rotational basis. I can't imagine that it would be anything less than wonderful, refreshing, and inspiring! Enjoy!!! love, Marianne