Tuesday, December 4, 2007

For those of you that would like to test the functionality of your tear ducts...





I am so thankful that Ellie is not cold or lonely, not forgotten, in the same time zone, though she is missed! I do wish for more than just to tell her Merry Christmas from my heart, but about the deeper truths of Christmas. To tell her about how the Father allowed His Son to not only be far away, but to become the sacrifice for our sin.

A lesson I am always learning, especially in the adoption process is contentment. If I cannot be content waiting, or content even if the Lord did not allow for Ellie to ever come home, I am not going to find contentment in her home coming. I can choose to be joyful in every step and follow Him wherever He leads!

For more great music, visit Deidre and listen to the song her hubby wrote and sang.

4 comments:

Leah said...

OK Whitney, Now you've done it! The song was very much a tear jerker. I get emotional with Christmas songs anyway and that one was very close to the heart.
Praying you continue to have joy in the journey :)

Bekah said...

That is so crazy! My husband and I just heard that song last night and I was like "OH MY" but had no clue how to get it on my blog. I'll just have to refer people to yours. Right beside you pressing on with joy and contentment...

Ashley said...

I am praying for you everyday. I pray for God's arms to be holding Ellie tight.

Jami said...

WHOA what a song... Praying for you today...right now! :)