Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Now What?!?


I loved seeing our "out" post so much, that I have delayed in posting again! :) Most nights after we finish praying as a family, Noah will ask Daniel, "Now what, Daddy?" (I think he knows, but the question always gets a giggle out of his siblings so he asks it anyway.) Once I tell people that we are out of PGN, I get a similar "Now what?" question.

This is what needs to happen to get our girl home:

1. Get a new birth certificate with our last name issued to Ellie, approximately 1-2 weeks, work should have been started on that on Monday of this week.

2. Get a passport, approx 1 day.

3. Be submitted to the US Embassy in Guat for a Visa appointment, 4 or 5 daysish.

4. Receive notice of our Embassy appointment, generally 7 day notice.

5. Make travel plans, pack, farm out the kids.

6. HAVE A FABULOUS REUNION WITH ELLIE IN GUATEMALA CITY!!!

7. Embassy appointment

8. Pick up Visa the next day.

9. Travel Home with our Daughter, after a 5-6 day stay!!

With the holidays, we are estimating that we will be traveling mid-January, Lord willing! We have been trying to get our to-do list crossed off, such as finishing the online class we are required to take, washing little girl clothes, moving the kids' rooms around, setting up bunk beds for the boys, and the last batch of paper work that we need to bring with us. Last week was our crazy Christmas week, so I have been plugging away with Ellie stuff this week. My parents are coming up for Christmas this weekend and I am sure that they won't mind getting in on the prep work. :)

We would love to have her home for Sunday, January 21st, which is the 2nd annual "Adoption Sunday" for our church. Daniel is preaching(if we are not in Guat, of course) and it would be even more special if she was there, but we will see what the Lord's timing is.

Also, HUGE NEWS!! I have been waiting to post this until they were able to post pictures, but I wanted to introduce you all to Karl and Julie! They are dear friends from church that started their adoption around the time we did. They are adopting THREE, that's no type-o, three siblings from Colombia! The kids are just adorable!!! Their family will be united January 15th. Please pray for them as they make plans, get last details in line, and become parents!

7 comments:

La Familia Armstrong said...

Hi Whitney!

Thanks for the step-by-step-what's-happening-next-report!!! Very helpful!!!

I giggled when I read "My parents are coming up for Christmas this weekend and I am sure that they won't mind getting in on the prep work..."! Hopefully they'll read that! Ha ha ha! Hey, I hear ya - get the whole family involved!!! :)

BTW, You are MOST welcome, but we prefer to be referred to as snow shoveling elves!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Yay Yay!! Praise the Lord! Can't wait to see little Ellie again!

Ashley said...

I am so excited!!! If you guys need anything at all please don't hesitate to ask me!

The Wilkens Family said...

I love this picture of Ellie! I have been following Julie and Karl's blog for MONTHS now...I didn't know you knew each other! What a small world. I am still rejoicing that Ellie is out! Can't wait until you have her in your arms.

Jennifer

Grammy said...

Oh, we are so excited! We can hardly wait! Thanks for the pics of the 3 that Julie and Karl are adopting! They are gorgeous!
Beautful pic of Ellie. Every time I see a new pic, I call Gramps in to look..
Love to you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Stephanie said...

I know you are sooo excited. I pray everything goes so smooth and fast from hear on out!!!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Hi Witney!!

I hate that I missed your OUT post!!! I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see your entire family all together!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Sharon