Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Eight Weeks in...

Today marks 8 weeks since our last resubmit date into PGN, and generally it is "supposed" to take 8 weeks to get out. Please pray that Lord's will be done in the timing to bring Ellie home. We are seeking Him to allow us to find favor with the people that are handling our paperwork and for all of the other children and families waiting in various stages.

"Wake up, Mr. PGN people..."

"Do I need to get tough with you?"

I really think that it is important to respect the authorities that God has put over us. And right now, we are under the Guatemalan government. Whether they are good people trying to do the right thing, or not, it is essential that I am subject to that authority.

Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. I Peter 2:13-17

So, all that to say, I am just being cutesie with they cute pictures of Ellie and I am really seeking to persevere in having a right attitude toward the government (both US and Guat) in this process. (However, she could totally stand her ground against her brothers in the second one. :))

Pray for the Guatemalan government that will be voting (or having a last reading?) of a law that could affect in-process adoption cases by requiring paperwork to be filled with an agency (that does not exist) within so many days, to get in under the "in-process" grandfather clause. (Don't worry, I am confused, too!) Just keep praying...God is in control.

10 comments:

Sheryl said...

Praying for you guys - it won't be long now. Have you tried calling PGN to see where you are in the process?

Sheryl Turner

Megan said...

Praying for your OUT!

Stephanie said...

Praying, Praying, Praying!!!!

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

My prayers echo yours today. Praying that the "time" has come, and these cases can be approved.
Erin

hello somebody said...

I am praying that you get sweet Ellie home! I just love her expressions! You should get news any day now. I am excited for you!

Rose said...

Oh my!! She is so SQUEEZABLE!!!!
any day now!!!!I bet Friday!!!!

jajbs said...

I am praying for you daily. You have been such a Godly woman during this process. I really respect you and know tha tHe is pleased with you. Praying for favor for sweet Ellie!!!

LOVE the last picture!! :)

amanda

Gail said...

Whitney,
I am praying for that sign-off this week.
Gail

Erika said...

Praying, Praying! And God will bless that soon, and it will be a sweet blessing in his perfect time.

Courtney said...

hang in there. we are waiting for our OUT call too. We continue to pray for you. courtney