Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Some highlights from Christmas morning at our house:


We are ready to go, but are all the camera crew?!

Here we come!

Here, Hannah is reading the Christmas story for us. Every year, she plans a "play" involving the children's Bible and the manger scene, just out of the picture.

Austin has hardly taken his Cowboy helmet off since he got it. At least I don't have to worry too much about hair cuts now.

"Watch out for Noah!" he exclaimed often. :)

Ellie's unopened presents made my heart ache a bit.

This is a shot of Eagle's Nest Christmas day, so no lack of festivities there!


The holidays slow things way down in Guatemala, so we have had no news since out release from PGN. We are praying that her new birth certificate has been completed. I am trying to pass the time by staying busy with all that I want (and need) to get done before we travel. My experience with our older children was, when another was born, the older one(s) grew up over the time I was in the hospital. I know that once I step on the plane, I will be saying goodbye to my baby Noah, and returning to big boy Noah, so I am savoring all those snuggles he gives (definitely plan on getting some when we get back, they will seem a bit different). I am trying to say "yes" more often to Austin's ideas for fun and listen more intently to Hannah's conversations (she sometimes lets me talk, too. :) ) My kids are such a blessing, now just to get then all in one place...

"Lift up your heads, O gates! And lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle!"
Psalm 24:7-8 ESV

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am glad ya'll had a great Christmas! I pray you here something soon!

Sarah said...

What a great reminder to enjoy the time you have with you kids. We are praying for Ellie's swift and safe homecoming! Sarah

Jami said...

That is a great reminder to really appreciate our kids and take the time to stop and just love on them or listen! Soon you will have your adorable Ellie in your arms again. I remember this time between the OUT and getting Hudson to be one of the most difficult so hang in there and lean on HIM!! I love you!

Great seeing you on the news the other night!!! :)

Grammy said...

Still looking forward to the news video...Thanks for the wonderful Christmas morning pics and the commentary. Makes me feel almost like we were there, too.
Love,
Grammy and Gramps

Leslie said...

You guys are STARS!! It was fun seeing you on the news last night. They did a great job with the clip.

David and Marianne said...

I've had many similar feelings the last few weeks...just wanting to freeze time in the lives of my boys(NOT the adoption process : ) ) With each new child there comes a goodbye to the way things were ... and an excitement for how things will be to come. Praying for you sister!! I know these next few weeks will be ones you will never forget. Praying for each moment you endure as you wait for the victorious day you bring Ellie home!....makes me think of my favorite hymn..."and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace"

Ashley said...

Great to see pictures of your Christmas. I can't wait to get back together and start our next study. I'm sure you will be busy for a bit with Ellie but I will be more than happy to have her there with us! In Rockford with Andrew now for the New Year. See you and your family soon. Happy New Year!

Courtney said...

Breaks my heart to see her presents under the tree. I was so emotional this Christmas not having Stella with us. Soon, very soon. Hang in there. Courtney