Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back from My Blogacation

I am responding to the threatening email I'm getting as to why the blog has been so neglected. :) We have been up to our ears in swimming, VBS, swimming, out-of-town guests, swimming, spending some quality time together as a family, swimming, birthday stuff, and swimming! AND...Whoohoo!!! I have finished the big project I have been working on which has been eating all of my computer time...to be unveiled in a post to come!

I'll start with Ellie's birthday celebration. We kept things low-key, went swimming (for fun!) and had a simple cake and ice cream party in our back yard.

Ellie loves balloons, so that was our party "theme". And Daddy loved spending an hour after the party was over dissecting the ceiling fan to untangle the pair that had gotten caught! :)
Ellie pointed to the camera that was in front of me then sat down to pose!

Lovin' her cake and ice cream!

We opened family presents today. She opened some PJ's from her aunt and went to get the pants on right away...just like Hannah had done at her 2 year old birthday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been with ya'll for her birthday!! She is very special to her aunt amanda, uncle troy, and cousin dylan and derek!!! We love her so much!

Daniel Bennett said...

Can we change the name of your blog to "Waiting 4 Number 4 to stay in her bed?"

Sara said...

Glad you are back, as I so enjoy your posts and keeping up with all your kids are doing. It was great to see birthday celebration pics of Ellie.

Grammy said...

Beautiful birthday pics. What great fun! As always, oor grandson, Daniel, is right there, taking care of stuff, ilke the balloons in the fan. whitney, you are just wonderful!
We love you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Anonymous said...

Well, I just read your blog last night for the first time in a number of months(after finding Amanda's blog...) and saw mention of the 'big project' you had just finished. Then I got my mail today and found it! Wow! It brought tears all over again (from someone who just doesn't cry that much!)

Thanks for sharing, Whitney. Alisi (our granddaughter)loved watching it too and especially loved your choice of music!

God bless you all from us here in Bedford!!!