Sunday, July 13, 2008

Swim Meet

As Daniel and I discussed who would get "posting rights" for the meet pictures, he said "You get the kids to practice, pick them up, pack all the gear and dinner for the meet, hand me the camera (after you have packed it) and ask me to take pictures as you watch the little kids...it's only fair I should post!" Hehehehe and you see where you are viewing this post!

We went to our first away meet last week. It was bigger than anticipated, but fewer of our team goes to the away meets, so our kids got to swim more than at the home meets. And when I say more, I mean I about fell over when I was writing down all that Hannah was in and thinking "how is she going to finish all of this?!?!" They were both troopers and finished with good attitudes and smiles on their faces!

Austin: being cute!
Hannah in the bullpen. Does anyone else notice the difference in the leg length between Hannah and her competition?!?

"Swimmers take your mark"

My Baby in the 100M IM...i.e. (What I learned after I saw that she was in it from my swimming buff hubby) 25 M, length of the pool, of each stroke...I don't think I could finish this race, but Hannah held on to the end!
Doing the Butterfly

Back stroke is looking good!

Freestyle to the end

Austin in the bullpen

I need a picture of his exit from the blocks, so cute and typical "Austin"!

Austin is doing a great job at the breast stroke! Unfortunately, he was swimming the 25M freestyle...still a work in progress. :)

A lots of snacks, a few little toys, and portable DVD player for watching "Letter Factory" are very helpful tools for getting through a 4.5 hour meet with these two!

4 comments:

Mom B said...

What a fun couple of blogs!!!
I miss you all so much I could blubber! Love to all...are going to try to call tonight.

It brought back memories of Daniel doing swim meets to see Hannah and Austin at the blocks!

Anonymous said...

I can not tell you how great those swim meet pictures are! I am SO proud of them. :)

Aunt Amanda

Grammy said...

Dear Children,
What fun! It almost makes me wish I could swim. Gramps just now shook his head, as if to say, "Ha ha" (meaning, I don't believe it)
I am not a swimmer, unfortunately.
Beautiful pictures and darling children. We are so proud of all of you!
We love you
Grammy and Gramps

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a long but fun day. Hannah and Austin are so cute up there! I didn't realize that kids even competed at young ages. Crazy and cute! Happy Tuesday! amber