Saturday, May 26, 2007

I admit it...I am a Guat-stalker!

Ever since I started the search for an agency, I have found myself watching families to determine if their child is from Guatemala. (Maybe all of those brochures and pictures did something to my brain...) I would say my accuracy is 75-80%. :) Recently, we were at a soccer game for one of the kids and I noticed a family with a little girl I was sure was from Guatemala. I watched them play (a couple of older boys and dad with the little girl) and I felt as if I was in a flash-forward moment. I know there will be days ahead, Lord willing, when I will watch Daniel and the older kids wrestle around and play with Ellie as I watch on. Then, I can remember back to when I was only just waiting and praying for an unknown baby girl. (We approached the parents and they had adopted from Guat....which, this will seem less weird to people when Ellie is actually home with us! :) )
Yesterday, at one of our several graduation parties we attended, we met another family that had adopted a sweet girl from Guat. We talked about our agencies and their experiences. I know that one day, I will be the one encouraging other moms that "all of the waiting will be worth it when she is home, just a distant memory!"
The referral seems close (a few days to a few weeks, the Lord knows), so please keep Ellie and her birth mom in your prayers!

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
How my heart overflows with affection for you as I read your blog! It blesses me to read your thoughts and sentiments for your child-to-be and her mother. You are all in our prayers.
Love,
Grammy

Jami said...

I do the same thing. I'm always drawn to little latino boys!! They are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should add that I was the one who had to approach the couple! I love you!

Daniel

Whitney said...

I don't have to...you did it for me! I love you, too!