Monday, May 14, 2007

¡Uno, Dos, Tres,...CUATRO!


There are a few standard questions I get relating to our adoption. This post is the first in a series that I will write to answer some of these questions.

When I was collecting documents for our adoption agency, I walked into the bank with our three children. I asked the receptionist for a bank statement for the year, and making conversation she asked if it was for a home loan. I paused and said, “No, we are in the process of adoption.” Utterly amazed that a women of THREE children already, two of which were chasing each other loudly around the bank line dividers and the third was squirming unhappily in my arms, replied without missing a beat, “You want ANOTHER one?!” She was quick to be embarrassed at her bluntness and attempted to work out of the hole she had dug. :) So, why do we want ANOTHER one? Simple. We love kids and how God has used each one as a blessing in our family. I know that God is to be praised for the great unity between Daniel and I on this issue. We have never experienced the "Dragger/Dragee" roles when it comes to the decision to add a child to our family. I don't know how the Lord will lead our family in the future and if there are to be anymore little ones. I do know that for now, we are missing one, a little girl that He is sovereignly working to bring into our family through the miracle of adoption.

A bonus for our family with the addition of Ellie, will be that our "collection" will be complete to act out the Narnia adventures. I am told that the kids will play the four Pevensie children, Daddy will be Aslan, and I get to be the White Witch! (Maybe I can just take that as a compliment that they like the sweet treats that I make!) Also, I am resigned the the fact that we might never get a good picture as a family or even of just the kids. I was thrilled when I had 66% my kidos looking at the camera and smiling when I took this picture yesterday.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Whitney,

Your kids are so cute!!

Andrea said...

Adorable kids!!! Why wouldn't you want "another one??"

Try adopting BEFORE you have Biological children---imagine the questions I get every day!!!!

My answer to why adopt?? WHY NOT?? God commanded it! Here's hoping you hear about your little girl SOON!!

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Each time I read your blog, I am delighted by your warm caring and sensitivity to the world and people that surround you. Your Gramps and I always enjoy reading what you have written. We love you!
Grammy