Monday, May 7, 2007

A Prayer for Ellie's Birth Mom

Those of you who are family or have been in a Bible study with me know that my heart has been greatly burdened for Ellie's birth mom. (Daniel has to go into overtime when he finds me crying over a sink of dishes as I am thinking about this dear, possibly even, very young lady!) For several months, we have thought that it is most likely that Ellie is alive now and growing in the womb. I have prayed a lot for her birth family and especially her birth mom. I wanted to include those thoughts and prayers in our adoption account (it only took me a few tissues to get through this one):

Our Most Gracious Heavenly Father,

I love you, God and thank you for the opportunity we have to care for a child that you have created. I pray that you will be protecting Ellie as she is growing and developing now. Help her birth mom to be safe and healthy. Father, I pray for a quick and easy delivery of Ellie. Put the right doctors and nurses in her path to care for her and her birth mother.

Please surround her birth mom with people that are followers of Christ to love her and encourage her through this difficult time. Help her to feel peace about the decision to place Ellie up for adoption. Comfort her and allow her heart to heal if she went through hard, even violent circumstances.

I pray, mostly, that Your Holy Spirit would be working in her life and bring her to a saving knowledge of You through Your Son! Cause Ellie's birth father, grandparents, aunts and uncles to be drawn to Your Son. Lord, if there is to be no reunion one day on earth, please graciously allow for one in heaven.

In Your Most Precious Name I pray.....Amen.



To You, Ellie's Birth Mother,

I love you and care so much for you, yet, do not even know you. God has sovereignly allowed you to carry this child and I praise Him for the miracle He created. Please know that we love Ellie so much and will speak of your love and great sacrifice for her. We will teach her about our Savior and His love demonstrated in dying on the cross for our sin. I long to know you as my sister in Christ one day!

In His Grace,

Whitney

3 comments:

Em said...

whitney,

what a joy it is for me to read your journal. honestly, when i think about adoption i usually don't give the birth mom much thought...how selfish of me. to hear how much you love not only the child that she will birth for you, but to know that you love and are burdened for this womans physical and spiritual well being is such a beautiful picture of the lord's will for adoption. through your family and the robertsons, i have come to fully understand that christians are called to adopt, not just so that we can have another child to love, but so that our lord can be glorified. even though abe and i are not directly involved in the adoption ministry at bethany, it has been a blessing to us to be able to share in the triumphs, as well as the disappointments, of our brother and sisters in christ as they embark on this beautiful journey.

love and prayers from our family to yours,

emily i

ps i am learning that i better bring a tissue with me before i read your posts....

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
How very wonderful it is to learn more and more what a thoughtful and caring person you are. I know that you are truly a "Proverbs 31" woman, caring not only for your family but being concerned for the lives of those you touch. How very blessed our family is to have you to be a part of it.
Love,
Grammy

Jami said...

This is SO neat!! So great to have for Ellie to read as she gets older!! You are a wonderful women!! :)

Love you!
Jami