Saturday, May 5, 2007

Please Pray!

We have some friends that are in the process of adopting from Vietnam. They are entering week 12 of waiting for their 171-H (Immigration document) and they cannot move forward until they have it. Since the first of the year, it has been taking an average of 6 weeks to receive this document, so they are getting a little discouraged that the wait has been so much longer for them. Please PRAY that this will be the week that good news comes in the mail. Her name is Emily and she needs some encouragement. If you would, please leave a comment for her here and I will make sure she gets them. I desire for our God to be glorified in the arrival of this piece of paper. As you pick up your own mail, remember to pray for this sweet family.
Have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney, I'm enjoying your blog and the updates on your adoption process. We can't wait to meet Ellie!! I'm praying for you guys and will especially be praying for Emily (Evan too) this week regarding this important document. Thanks for sharing!

Mom B said...

Emily...I have an Emily, so your name is already dear. When things go wrong, like schedules, or things I think I want to happen at certain times, I try to remember that not only is God sovereign in all timings, but He also protects me by His timings from things that would not be just right for His perfect plan. We have friends who have waited, and waited, and waited for their little one, and finally got the call last week. They have waited through two sisters having babies, and chose to rejoice as God blessed others. Be encouraged, dear one. God will lead at JUST the right time!

Jami said...

Emily,

We had to wait awhile for that document too. It is difficult...SO hard when you know you cannot go on without it! I will pray for you as you wait! It's a wild ride...but so worth it!!

Jami