Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Latest Project

Check out the book I made for Ellie...I wanted a simple book that would tell her story of coming into our family. It can also be a springboard for more in-depth conversations later on. BTW, I only paid for shipping of the book! If you join Shutterfly, they send you emails of special offers and this was one of them. I have been able to do things like send grandparents and our agency(required) prints, share pics with other EN families, and make this cool book. It didn't take that long if you don't count the time I spent on the first addition. :)

edited to add: I realized that I took too much credit for the creation of the book. The site has templates already done, and you dump your pics and add captions...super simple. I did one that was The ABC's of You, went to check out and it was not included in the free books, so I just picked a different template and used the ABC theme.

We are in our company season, so I have lots of fun memories to share but not so much time to do so now. :)

11 comments:

Sara said...

That is an amazing book. You are super creative! This book will offer you and your husband a lead into many wonderful conversations about how she joined your family. I will definitely keep this in mind for down the road for Kate! Thank you for sharing it.

I think (not sure) that Kate made it into your book...on page 10 sleeping in the crib in the background with the pink blanket we sent he...oh boy, I AM a bloodhound for pics of my little girl!

Anonymous said...

Whitney, the book is beautiful! What a wonderful story! :)

Julia Bennett said...

Love the book. Thanks for sharing!

Angel said...

WONDERFUL!!! WONDERFUL BOOK! I really want to do that. Very inspiring. :0) Angel

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Beautiful book! Lovely Idea! I am sure Ellie will spend lots of time with brothers and sister (and you and Daniel) reading her book. We look forward to meeting Ellie in person soon.
Love to you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Amy said...

This is a great book! What a treasure to have.

Katie said...

Good Job that is awesome and creative !!!!!!!!

Jen said...

You did a terrific job in making a book full of precious memories. Thank you for sharing. We continue to pray for you as a family.

Shelly said...

I enjoyed seeing Ellie's book. It will be a precious keepsake for her.

Thank you for sharing!

Shelly

mjdav said...

Loved it!

Kris said...

Such a neat book. Can you actually have it printed then? Way cool.