Sunday, March 2, 2008

Heavy Heart

While we have been enjoying our children and all of the laughter they bring into our home, lots of other children are waiting, some for indefinite amounts of time.

Edited to add: Most of these children in the crib have families waiting, but the process just takes time as we learned with Ellie. There are a few children that have come to Eagle's Nest that do not have families because there are no new adoptions in Guatemala for the time being. If you want to help those kids, they have a tab labeled "Sponsor-A- Child" on the EN site that gives instructions about supporting a child monthly. EN is supported by adoptions, and if no new adoptions are occurring, no new funding is coming in. Oneoria and Milka did have families lined up to my understanding, but due to court decisions, their adoptions are not proceeding at this time.

These are babies at EN currently. I thought the March photos were so precious, I had to post one as a reminder to pray for them and their families.


Sweet Milka has been removed from EN. It is complicated and I don't know all the details, but it was mentioned on the EN site, under "Nido Blog". I have vivid memories of her in July. She is just weeks older than Ellie, with those fabulous dimples that are similar to Ellie's. In July, she has a terrible cold, but would smile every chance she could. Please pray that the Lord would intervene in her situation, provide her with a family and protection.


I still think of this amazing little girl, Oneoria, that was removed EN many months ago. The "last attempt" appeal happened recently, however. I may never know how things turned out for her, but I earnestly pray for her salvation and welfare.

7 comments:

Molly said...

Oh I sympathize with you, Whitney!! My heart is so burdened for these precious ones. Milka was just the sweetest and Onerina (can't spell that one) loved for me to play with her! She always thought it was so funny whenever I would speak in English to my team members. She'd go around saying, "OK, good, OK, good.." The only two english words that she knew!!! I miss them so much! I'm praying right along with you that the government would work in their favor.

Katie said...

So precious .... thanks for the reminder to pray

The Wilkens Family said...

Love the new blog! Your children are just precious. My heart aches for the waiting children and families too...holding them all in prayer daily.

Rose said...

sweet sweet babies... I pray it all works out for those lil honey pies!

Mom B said...

If I were not so old.....

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Your Gramps and I looked at the darling babies and I told him that they were still waiting for someone to adopt them. He said, "which one should we get?". I said, "Honey, we're too old, but that doesn't keep us from praying that they will soon have someone wonderful to adopt them." And we do. Thanks for keeping them in our vision. Love to you all,
Grammy

Jami said...

That picture is precious. Do all of those children have waiting families?

I can still so vividly remember the pain of waiting and yet now my little Guatemalan chico is upstairs napping. It's hard to take it all in at times. God is SO good!