Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Noah

I thought I would highlight all of our kids one at a time. Noah, being the 3rd born, just needs to go first sometimes. :) Noah means "rest, consolation". Genesis 5:29 says "and [Lamech] called his name Noah, saying, 'Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands." ESV

Hannah actually was the first to suggest naming him Noah, Daniel and I were not even considering it. But, it just seemed to fit. He was such an easy baby that Gen 5 seemed true of him then (sleeping 7 hours from the beginning, what kid does that!?). He is a busy little guy now, but we get to share sweet snuggly rests in the afternoon before his nap. Maybe he will be the kid to take care of us when we are old and feeble. :)

As much as Austin is a ham, I think that Noah enjoys even more making us all laugh. Even as a barely walking toddler, we would be in stitches over the little "shows" he would but on to get us going (for example, covering his head with a blankie and purposely running into things).

He loves doing what the big kids do. It is fun to see him coloring a picture to put under Daddy's pillow as he has seen the others do.


He is so full of light when he smiles, I loved how this shot captured that so literally.

"Mommy, its cold!"

I asked him to lean up against the pole and this is what he did. :)
What a cuddly bug!

Noah LOVES to have his fingers in his mouth, and always has. I went through a time when I would say, "take your fingers out, I love you, I love you" just so I was telling him 'I love you' more than 'take those fingers out'!

A few nights ago at dinner, Noah commented, "You're a good maker, Mommy!" Melt my heart!

Can't wait to see the relationship continue to grow between these two. He still prays for the "adoption to go well" as he has heard prayed for so long.

8 comments:

mjdav said...

"My Noah"...he is a sweetheart!
Love, GranJan

Em said...

Your Noah sounds so much like my Eli! Eli has taken up knock-knock jokes to get laughs out of us. Must have something to do with being the third! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES and the outfit!! I wish I could just give him a big hug. Dylan loves his cousin Nono!

Aunt Amanda

Stephanie said...

what pecious pictures of a precious boy!

Leslie said...

Sweet little Noah! You are Ashley's little buddy. Whitney-those are great pictures!

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
It just warms a heart (ours especially) to see such great pictures. I go to your blogsite every day (sometimes twice a day) and read it and look at the pictures. Sweet little Noah, so much like his daddy in looks at that age. We just love you all so very much. Looking forward to seeing you all some time soon.
Grammy and Gramps

Amy said...

One handsome little man there!

Mom B said...

I MISSS Noah!
(and everybody else, but today is Noah's Day!)
Uncle Matt would applaud your choice of letting the third born go first!