Thursday, September 20, 2007

Is No News Bad News?

There is no news in our case. We have basically not had anything new since Sept 2nd. I know that is only 18 days of waiting, but those are loooonnnnngggg days! For some odd reason, we seem to wait the longest of all the blogger buddies with children at EN (Eagle's Nest) for monthly pictures and medical update. They have had theirs for over a week and ours have yet to arrive. Last month, my email just decided to reject them from our case worker, so she might have sent them, but have not received them. :( I admit that I am anxious to hear that we are out of Family Court, and know that all of that paper work is in order. It would be fabulous if we were doing our PGN wait even now, but I need to be prepared that we are not in yet.

On the Guatemalan end, the message the agency is sending is not good. Our agency is very small, with maybe six or so staff members. They work almost exclusively with Guatemala. I have learned that at least two of those (including our caseworker) have taken on other full time jobs. While in my head, I am frustrated that there is no hope of receiving an email bearing good news during the day, except for maybe after 7 or 8 pm, I am realizing the impact that this news has on others. Things are not looking good for adoptions in Guatemala and so many children and families are going to be kept waiting, possibly even indefinitely. A little history on our agency, the parents run the children's home in Guat, while doing other things such as helping to start churches and seminaries, and the four adult children run the adoption agency in the states. The Boggs have invested so much of their lives into Guatemala and adoptions that it must be such a heartache for those to stop, even for a little while. These families will be greatly impacted by loosing their means of livelihood if things are as bad in Guatemala as they look.

It seems easy to justify my selfishness by saying that I just want the best for Ellie (which I do), but my inconvenience is so small compared to what others are going through. I want her to come home, but my prayers need to be so much more eternally focused!

On a prayer note, I do not know how things went for Onoria and the twins, but I do have an email in to the agency for more information on how to pray for them.

Keep praying, faithful saints!

6 comments:

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
We are in prayer for the adoption process to continue to bring Little Ellie and others to their new homes. I can only imagine how difficult the wait is for you and other mamas and papas. Keep the faith. We love you,
Grammy and Gramps

Amanda and Paul said...

I know Ellie is doing great there and can't wait to be with her family here. We will continue praying for her safety and health.

Erika said...

Whitney...keep having faith. It's a growing process, and a long wait I know. I watched my parents when i was young wait for more adoption to go through. But know in the end, precious Ellie will be in your arms soon.

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

Praying for you during the waiting. Some days can feel so very long.
Erin

Amy said...

Praying for Ellie to soon be in your arms!

FordeFam said...

Praying for news quickly and that you will be further along in the process than you think! :) Also praying for you and your sweet family to have peace as you are waiting! :)
Blessings,
Maia ><>