Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We Hope in Him!

There was a lot of "talk" yesterday about the Department of State announcement on Guatemalan adoptions. Things are not looking good according to this statement that was issued. (You only need to read a little to know why prospective adoptive parents are a little nervous right now. By the way, I was cautioned early on by the agency not to put too much stock into these things, because they are hyped and my not be fully accurate. So, read with a grain of salt and a lot of faith in the Lord, not man.) In light of this and the situation with my father-in-law, I wanted to share some scripture that I was meditating on this morning:

"Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in His holy name. Let Your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in You."
Psalm 33:20-22 ESV (emphasis mine)

I was especially convicted by verse 21, is my heart glad in Him because I trust in His holy name, or because I get the news I wanted to hear?

Lord,
Help me to trust in Your name, and be glad because of that trust. Please let your love be on us, as we HOPE in You. Only You can bring these children home, and heal cancer. I will wait for You, whatever your answer may be.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Amen!
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your great scripture insight - so encouraging to me tonight. Thank you.

Praying for you all,
Nicole

Aim said...

You are in our prayers. I know how hard it is to wait with all the constent news on Guatemala Adoptions. I have met the amazing girl at the end of your adoption journey, and I know God is good! All the tears, prayers and worry will bring you a gift which you could never have imagined.

Stephanie said...

I am praying for us all~ thanks for the encouragement. I am not sure what to think about all of this. We just have to trust in Him and His perfect timing!
Stephanie