Monday, September 24, 2007

A New Test

We have recently found out that Daniel's dad has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a blood cancer. It is not curable and he will battle this the rest of his life. To the praise of the Lord and to the bafflement of his doctors, he is in stage one and yet, showing no symptoms. We are all in some shock over this, but we anxiously await to see how the Lord will be glorified through this illness. My father-in law has started a website, titled "God Put the My in Myeloma". You will be encouraged by his thoughts on his cancer and see how he is using the blog as a tool for sharing the Gospel.

Please pray for Daryl and Carol to have wisdom as they seek treatment options. We know that the Lord could miraculously heal him, but above all, we are seeking to honor the Lord in this. The adoption has tested our faith in so many ways, and we trust that God will use the cancer to test and strengthen the faith of many.

Daniel wrote his thoughts and links to the Piper article, "Don't Waste Your Cancer", which I highly recommend as well.

7 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh Whitney. That's really tough news. I will be thinking about you guys and praying for the Lord's healing and his strength and comfort as you face this new test.

Crystal said...

oooh Whitney--I am soo sorry I will be praying for God's healing and for GOd to be glorified --Whitney I am amazed by your famiy I am a born again saved Christian but I am from a Catholic family --(I was saved when I was twenty two my hubby says I am a recovering Catholic!!!) As I was reading your father- in- law's blog I had tears--He is a man of God so wanting to please God and I was amazed what an amazing father in law you have! Please know that I am praying for him

Hey I am sooooo HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON ENTERING PGN WHITNEY!!!!!!!!! HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! She will be coming home soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxxo

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
What can I say? Battles, and Victories, and we can only give praises to God for His goodness and care for each of us. You are all always in our thoughts and prayers, thanking God for your witness.
Love,
Grammy

jajbs said...

Whiteny,
I am praying for you family-- praying for strength and healing. God is faithful to hear the cries of His people. Please let your FIL know he has been added to our prayers.

Amanda

Jami said...

Hey Whitney - I will be praying for you and your family. SO sorry to hear that news.

Love you!

Ellie said...

Hi Whitney~

Sorry to hear the news.

Ellie is a real CUTIE! So are the rest of the kids!

No News IS good News!

Hugs
Ellie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Daniels' Dad's news - praise God for the witness he and all of the family are to others.

Praying the following scripture for all of your family as you all look to His strength during a time of hardship.


Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31