Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Non-Update Update

We will not know until next week (at the earliest) if we have our social worker report and have been submitted into PGN. Please be praying that we are there even if we do not know it yet! There is a missions team with a professional photographer going to Eagle's Nest soon, so picture updates will be good this month :), but late. :(

Also, on the Guatemalan presidential elections, there will be a run off held in November between two candidates/parties because no one candidate got 50% of the vote. I do not know if this is good or bad as far as adoptions are concerned, but I did send an email to our caseworker to see what she knows.

On an positive note, it feels like fall today and I am loving it! I had a fabulous run this morning and our windows are open, yeah!!!! The corn is brown for harvest and I feel the need to go to the apple orchard. While God has appointed "a time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted"(Ecclesiastes 3:2b), He has appointed a time for Ellie to come home! We trust in His perfect timing and know that He is in control!

More trip pics:


I love her delighted smile here on Daddy's lap!


How can I help but think she is beautiful!


Another great smile!


I have a feeling she will experience this again, with a big sister and 2 big brothers!


Only a look of righteous indignation, I am sure!

5 comments:

Em said...

I have to agree, she is most definitely beautiful!

I'm glad to hear that you are in great spirits. It's a wonderful testimony to see that you are trusting and waiting on the Lord with such grace and dignity. He is teaching me so much about patience through your example.

Praying for your family everyday!
Emily

Jami said...

Great pics and perspective! :) I totally agree with you too about this glorious weather!!! Anytime I can have my windows open I am a happy women!! :)

Love you!

Bekah said...

that top picture is precious. the weather today was so good for my soul. thank you Lord that you are SO good even when your child (me) grumbles too much! thanks for the reminder that there is an appointed time for everything. praying you are in PGN!

Grammy said...

Beautiful pics! We can hardly wait to get our hands on this charming cutie pie!
Love you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Teresa said...

Whitney--the weather must be on everyone's mind...that's what I posted about too! I can't wait to see the new pictures of Ellie!