Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another Pictureless Post

Something is better than nothing right? :)

I survived our first Wal-Mart trip, solo, with all four kids! It only required the special cart, with two seats in front, water bottles, two containers of pop-corn chicken from the deli, and over an hour of my time! It really did go pretty well, and I didn't notice too many amazed stares. :)

We also survived a Mommy sick-day. Hannah was down too, so it was a little rough. But with a baby gate, lots of crackers, and cartoons we got through it! I am, however, praising God that today I feel worlds better. Who wants to be sick when all you want to do is enjoy your newly expanded family!?!

Ellie did great at church on Sunday, even shared a few smiles toward the end of the morning. She stayed fairly quiet in the service, until the pastor would get a little passionate, and she would respond with a Spanish, baby-babble "amen". :)

Gotta run change the laundry and sneak in a nap while the little two are down.

11 comments:

Em said...

glad to hear that your first wal-mart trip with four went well. (welcome to america, ellie! :)) i'm sure the "you've got your hands full" comments and wide eyed glances will come. we're always glad to entertain the folks eith our herds of children though when we can, right?! :)

praying everyone else at your house stays healthy!

hannah said...

I am so glad that you are doing so well. I will continue to pray for you and your family. And, I love your new blog look

Mom B said...

As your husband used to say when the six of us went for walks..."We're not a family, we're a circus!" Viva la circus!

Anonymous said...

Hey not that I don't want to seem sympathetic to the walmart situation but wait until they are too big for the cart! We seem like a group of line backers waiting to take over each aisle we enter. And of course, my kids are oblivious to anyone around them. They are getting so big I am even getting a little intimidated when they all 4 surround me! Glad you are feeling better. Monica

Grammy said...

Dear Whit,
Glad you could make it to walmart with all 4 and that it went well. It seems that you planned it out very well, and planning is 90% of the whole deal.
Glad, too, that you are feeling better. Thanks for the great word pictures that you paint for us.
Love you all, and looking forward to getting a family picture that I can put on my living room wall.
Love,
Grammy

Daniel Bennett said...

Aren't you married? Why isn't your husband helping you more!?!? Love you!

Whitney said...

My hubby is too distraught over the loss of the knowledge of the envelope to make Wal-mart runs! (But it hasn't kept him from doing diapers or dishes!)

Love you, too!

Jami said...

Very GOOD braving Walmart with ALL 4! Let me know when you feel settled, it would be great to get together!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. :) Continuing to pray for you all during this transition.

I took our three (and you have one more!) to the Post Office one day and a guy said it looked like we're on a field trip. I said, there's only three of them....guess he didn't see it that way.

Hope you all enjoyed your Wednesday night "snowed in" together. Hope everyone stays well now.

Jenn said...

My husband and I are both sick right now, and I was just thinking, "how do you do this with kids?" I am glad you are feeling better!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am so excited for all of you!!!!!!! I can't imagine how tired you are and how much fun you are having!!!!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler