Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One More Step Down

We just completed our first post placement visit with our case worker...only two more to go until Ellie can become Ellie (or Elizabeth, really). All of her questions were really basic (how's she sleeping, eating, relating to siblings, etc.).

It must have wiped Ellie out because she fell asleep on my lap right after lunch, so precious!

I thought we were out of the woods with illness, and I cleaned like a mad woman yesterday to rid us of the little germy friends, but Austin had a temp. again this morning. :( It is amazing how much more I can get done when I feel good...I was so relieved that I can still get my house clean on my own even with four kiddos! Maybe we can even venture to do school with the big kids next week. :)
Just a cute shot of the kids playing. Ellie likes to sit on Hannah. :)
Ellie was mentioned on the Eagle's Nest blog...go to the EN link on the side bar, then go to "Nido blog", and click on the lastest entry about a little boy going home...scroll down to the bottom, and there she is, with yet another name! :) (Both of the names we already knew of that are listed have alternate spellings... though they seemed to be spelled differently in every update we got. :) )

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Congralations Bennett family! We are so happy that your travel and transition have gone so smoothly. The girls and I will be in Peoria Feb 22-24 so maybe I'll run into you at church on the 24th. Praise God for his goodness to you, Ellie is a perfect fit!
Jaime

Mis said...

Hi--I found your blog through a friend..i have a son, Ben, who is adopted from Eagles Nest also. He's 2 1/2 and has been home for almost 2 years..i have 2 other sons also..Sam who is 4 and Wes who is 16m. anyway..i just read your post and was going to ask if you homeschool..this is something my husband and i are praying about and just thought i'd ask you. are you in Bham? We know the Lott's who just brought home Joseph... anyway..just wanted to say hi.
Missy

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Beautiful pictures...I notice Noah has a very poignant look on his little face.
LOve to you all.
Grammy

Whitney said...

Missy,
I would love to chat! Shoot me an email at whitndan at aol dot com.

Whitney

Unknown said...

Good Morning: Just wanted to check in and say your kids are precious. I'm amazed that you can clean with all four kids! You should write a book! I can only get that accomplished (in a speedy manner) when they are not around! Hope you guys finally kick the sick bugs and are able to reenter the outside world although it is probably good for allof you to have this time alone. See you soon. Monica

David and Marianne said...

I'm still amazed that she's actually here! So fun to read what life is like after the wait is over :) Praising God for your family!

Stephanie said...

So glad things are going well! She is cute as ever! Love the pic of them all playing-precious!