Tuesday, February 19, 2008

School Adventures

Yesterday, we started up school again after our "bringing home Ellie break". With every new kid, you have to factor in some adjustment time, as we are doing now. Our school hours are much longer, but we hope to settle into our new routine soon. March is a big company month, with lots of family coming to meet Ellie, so we will attempt to work hard until our Spring Break! (Praise God for breaks!)

I have to hide Hannah downstairs, away from Ellie, or this happens when Hannah is trying to get her seat work done:"Hannah, play with me!"

Ellie seems to know what to do with crayons, she is even not too far off from holding them correctly. Austin is working to stay diligent amid the chaos.

"Look at my picture, Mama!"

I have to try to keep Noah and Ellie separated as well, or the distractions are never ending. Noah and Ellie have been fighting over these bottles all morning, and the one who has them is usually banging them together loudly. :)

8 comments:

Papa said...

Hannah looks so grown up...
Austin is definitely focused...
Noah and Ellie each need something to bang - maybe we can help there...

Whitney said...

Wow! My dad left me a comment!

Molly said...

Hey Whitney!!

Thanks for posting on my blog! Ellie is SOOO cute!! I remember holding her at EN this past summer and she was such a cuddler (of course, they all are). :) I can't remember if you were the one that came up to me at that EN reunion last spring. I know I was so shocked to see a complete stranger come up to me and say, "Oh Guatemolly!! I'm so glad to see you!!" But it's cool how God connects people through these precious children!!! Mrs. Rider and I were going to come and see you guys arrive at the airport but something came up. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi back and thanks for saying something. I'm so glad that Ellie's home and doing so well!

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
What a wonderful group of pictures and beautiful active children!
Ellie is definitely fitting in to your family. It sounds like you are all having a great time together and adjusting to each other. The learning is good for the whole family, with all taking part in it. We love you all, and can just imagine everything going on by your great descriptions.
Love,
Grammy and Gramps

The Wilkens Family said...

You are one busy family! Never a dull moment I am sure! ;)

Leah said...

Now I can relate to all of that! You may have to continue into June this year...or maybe July :)

Looks like she hasn't skipped a beat and the others are acting like she's always been a part of the family. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see Ellie on Sunday... Your family is so precious!!!!

Amy said...

Great pictures of your day, you'll find that routine, eventually. :)

Love the bow in Ellie's hair. Hannah must be a great big sister.