Friday, April 18, 2008

Ellie's 2nd Earthquake!

There was an earthquake in Guat (at least one) while Ellie was there. This morning, around 4:30am, I woke to feel the bed shaking and the candles on the dresser rattling. I checked on the kids and went back to bed. I thought maybe God had woken me up to pray, so I prayed for awhile before falling asleep. I told Daniel about it this morning and he thought I was crazy...until he was on Google and the first headline was about an earthquake in the Central US! 5.2! I think I am just glad that I am not losing it!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I felt it too!!!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

That is so scary!!! Glad everything is okay!!!

Kris said...

Ashley felt it last night, but she was the only one in our house. Then, I felt another one (an aftershock?) this morning around 10:15. Crazy!

Grammy said...

Hi,
The earthquake was felt in our part of the US as well. Here in east Tennessee. Something awakened me at the time and also shook the house of some friends of ours.
Glad that you were all okay.
Love,
Grammy

David and Marianne said...

I woke up too....dressor shaking and our bed moving... yikes!!

Can't wait to meet that little princess of yours soon : )