Tuesday, April 15, 2008

She's Advanced!

Ellie seems to be displaying "Terrific Two's" type of behavior months early!

My favorite of her stunts, just from yesterday:

1) Moving a stool to the oven to eat part of the chocolate chip cookie bar (I had made to take to our dinner engagement) cooling there, to be found my a horrified Hannah who hollered for me.

2) Taking off her clothes and wanting to sit on Noah's potty seat, to be found, again, by an astonished Hannah, who called loudly for my help.

3) Borrowing everyone's toothbrush, some get special baths in the toilet. We have blown our tooth brush budget since she has come home. :)

4)Finding this puzzling scene when I checked on the kids before going to sleep:Why is there a diaper and the pj pants I put her in on the floor? Because she is undressed from the waist-down and fast asleep! I got a picture of that too, of course, but have refrained from posting it. We'll just save it for her wedding instead.

To be fair, Ellie has a great Terrific Two's teacher, from the man who is living it, Noah. I later got a confession that he was eating the cookie, as well.

8 comments:

Papa said...

Whitney,
Of course Ellie is advanced...look at her teachers! The diaper in the middle of the floor reminds me of her Aunt Grace (genetics??). If I saw choc. chip cookie bars out on your counter top, even I would have to "snitch" a piece. Seems perfectly fine to me (Go Ellie and Noah). Maybe the next time we see you we'll let Ellie wash Gran's tootbrush??

Shelly said...

How cute!

Thank goodness Drew hasn't figured out how to take his diaper off!!

Can you believe our little ones are 3 months from being 2?

Shelly

Amy said...

Have you considered a nanny cam? :)

Grammy said...

Dear Whitney,
Sounds like Ellie is off to a fantastic beginning, and has a terrific teacher in Noah! It is just too funny reading these with Gramps. It seems that her dad had some really good learning experiences in his terrific twos.
Keep up the good work.
Love to you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Mom B said...

Well, you've been praying for those two to bond and become friends....

Anonymous said...

I am half smiling and half gritting my teeth as I think of JP and ALL OF THE "two" tricks he has managed to master! Maybe this means by the time they are ACTUALLY two they will have outgrown it........(please, God!)

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my Jaime. At 1 year, 7 months, our family was in Indianapolis for a mini-vacation. At the museum, Jaime decided that she was too old to wear diapers and kept taking them off with her clothes on and throwing them on the floor. When we were ready to leave, we were going to get in the car and I was trying to put her diaper back on her. She absolutely refused. Believe it or not, she never used a diaper again and was VERY successful at potty training HERSELF! God must have known I couldn't take potty training another child! :o)

Kris McClelland

mjdav said...

Gotta' love it!