Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Dent and the Missing Initial

Yeah! We made a dent in the timeline today! While waiting for the POA to reach our agency over the last 3 weeks, I kept thinking that I just need to run down to the capital, get the authentication, and get it overnighted to the agency. Today, I found out that the Sec. of State had been holding the POA because of a missing middle inital. I had the kids make lunch (ha!) while I printed out a new POA and we headed off to get Daniel's signature and it renotarized (thanks Mike for being ready at the drop of a hat with your stamp!), then off to the state capital 1.5 hours away! Our agency will get the POA tomorrow by noon. The mail held our copy of the new 171, stating that it (171) had been sent to the Embassy in Guat on June 21st! We just lack our dossier to be translated (that started about 2 to 3 weeks ago, usually takes 3 or 4 weeks to complete) and we will be entered into family court and into the U.S. Embassy in Guat. to get our Preapproval (PA)! I am thankful that the Lord spurred me to action and that He answered prayers for things to get going this week! Hooray, hooray!

3 comments:

jajbs said...

Yeah-- every little step of progress brings you joy in this process! I will continue to pray for things to go smoothly.

Amanda

Mom B said...

We are praying...thanks for keeping us all in the loop. YOU are a wonder, girl! Love, MOM

Grammy said...

Wonderful. I had been wondering about a middle name for Ellie. Could you maybe send me an e-mail and tell me what it is, so that I can make use of it on the quilt I am making for her?
You are all in our constant prayers.
We love you.
Grammy and Gramps