Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No, Our Almost 1 yr old is not on a mission trip alone... :)

I am learning that I need to be more clear in how I communicate about the adoption. Pre-referral days, I didn't usually mention it to people we were meeting for the first time (happens often for us). When they said, "Oh, you have 3 kids"...I would just leave it at that. Now, there is that 4th little person that causes me physical pain from missing her, and I have not even met her yet! But I feel that I can't just leave it at "Yes, I have 3 kids". Recently, talking to someone I had just met, I was explaining the ages of our kids and mentioned that we have a near 1 year old in Guat. The woman looked confused and we were quick to add that we were adopting her and she was not home yet. "Oh, so she is not on a mission trip there..." was the response! Needless to say, I need a better introduction line.

We are going to visit Ellie at the end of July. She will not be able to come home with us then, the court process in Guat. is taking 6-8months from where we are now. Only if the Lord willed to shrink steps that take months into hours would we be able to get her home then. Our trip is not really even a visit trip, but we will be on a mission trip to the children's home where she is. I think we will get to keep her in our room at night, and I will be working along side of the care givers so I will get to be with her during the day some. Anyway, we will get to meet her, create some great memories with her, and know exactly what her life is like right now.

Pray for our POA (Power of Attorney) to arrive at our agency and for the updated 171 to get to the embassy. We are also waiting on our dossier to be translated. Then, we can get things rolling in Guat!

Praise! I think that Grace went back to the children's home today. Continue to pray for weight gain and wisdom for her doctors and parents.
Update: Grace is not at the home yet, but Lord willing, tomorrow morning.

7 comments:

jajbs said...

I know you are excited about your visit trip. It will be such a special time for you! I will be praying for your POA and am glad to hear that Grace is doing better!

:)
Amanda

Kristin said...

Such a cutie-patootie!!! I am so glad you'll be visiting soon...it will be unforgettable.

Many rich blessings!!!

Kristin

Grammy said...

Dear Whit,
Ellie's 11-month picture looks like she is just looking straight into your eyes! We will be praying for yours and Daniel's trip to Guat, that you will get to spend some quality time with Ellie. I know that the Lord has prepared for things to go according to His time, and all will be well.
We love you all,
Grammy

Jami said...

How exciting! You will LOVE meeting her...it's amazing!!

Courty said...

Hey Whitney! I found your blog at Crystal's blog. I see that you are from the midwest! What state, town? I live in the state where people care more about corn than people...yep! You guessed it! IOWA!

Please drop an email!

~Courtney
courtyshorty7@hotmail.com

Crystal said...

Hey!!!--I am so glad I found you!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your comment on my blog!!! I am going ot add you to my favorites if you don't mind!!! Ellie is beautiful!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your referral!!!!!!!!

We are Christians too!!!!!!!!! I was saved when I was 22!!!! We are in the process of adopting again --we are just waiting on our I-71H form to come!!!!!!!! We are going back and adopting a boy! We hope to have a referral in within the next month or so!!!!!!! We could be going thru this together!!!!!!!!
hugs to you Whitney!!!!

La Familia Armstrong said...

Hi Whitney!

I like your blog very much - nice colors and all the pictures of Ellie are so beautiful. I cracked up about your mission trip post!!! :) Julie