Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Packing list

I just got an email with a list of what to pack for our trip to Guat. I am resisting pulling out the suitcases, so I added the count down to the blog instead! We made contact with a woman who is serving there now and got to hear a cute story about what is going on at the children's home, but I might wait to tell it until I have a picture to go with it.

I am just so thrilled about the work that the Lord is doing at the children's home, through the missionaries, all of the agency staff, the care givers, and the teams that go from all over the country. This picture of a continuing, long-term ministy to the fatherless is what made me excited about our family adopting in the first place. There is care for those children waiting to go home and also community of families passionate about adoption and Guatemala right in our area. We are attending a reunion dinner for families that have adopted children through our agency on Friday. So many families from this area have used our agency and brought home children from the home, they moved the reunion here! I know that will be a very emotional and joyous time for me. I got choked up during prayer time with the kids tonight just thinking about the children's home . Austin asked if I was laughing at something. :)

POA arrived at the agency and was sent to the consulate today!

6 comments:

jajbs said...

That reunion will be so much fun. I can understand the urge to begin packing. I cannot wait to see pics of you holding that precious baby girl!


Amanda

Grammy said...

Oh, Whitney!
I am just getting so excited, I can hardly stand it! There is so much going on in your all's lives, it is just too thrilling!
Love,
Grammy and Gramps

Bekah said...

Oh that will be so fun to get together with all of those families. I am so excited for your trip!

Rose said...

I didn't realize you were going so soon! I am going in 2 days! Can't believe it! can't wait to see pics! Roseann

Anonymous said...

The countdown is great! We're praying it is a sweet time in Guatemala.

Aim said...

I am so excited that you will get to see your sweet baby soon. I will pray that the days go by quickly until you go.