Monday, June 18, 2007

YEAH! New Pictures


I had not received the montly update for June, but I thought it might just take some time since we just got the referral. I knew that all the other families had gotten new pics, so I checked to see if there was anything new on the website last night. To my delight, June pictures were posted! I called Daniel upstairs and we began to scroll through...no Ellie, no Ellie, maybe they mislabled the names. So I checked without looking at the names, just faces. Still no Ellie. She has been on all the other web postings, so I was a little concerned. Was she sick, at the hospital, sent home with another family? A very far fetched, I know, but I knew that it would be okay to at least ask. Our caseworker came through with the pictures pretty quickly and reassured me that we would be notified if she was sick, and there was a 0% chance of another family taking her home. Good for this Guatemama's peace of mind.
The little girl Grace, that I asked prayer for , has been in the hospital. It brought tears to my eyes when I heard that at least one of the care givers is with her at all times, even at night. The love and care that these dear women show our babies while they are at the children's home, get them through this time we are apart and make it easier for them to transition into our families! I am so thankful that Ellie is getting such good care!

Check out how thick her hair is getting! I am planning on trying to slip in a pair of hair scissors to get those long whispy ones. It will be fun to try some bows and head bands. Hannah was pretty bald until she was at least two, so having hair will be new this time around. We also got a medical report and she is on the 5th percentile and below for height and weight. Those squishy cheeks are deceiving! She is otherwise healthy and active.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie is adorable! The Lord has blessed you and her greatly!

Jami said...

She is so cute!! I'm so happy for you!! :)

Mom B said...

That's 4 for 4 on the cuteness scale for all our grandkids. She will be such fun! She looks cute and intelligent and alert and, Daniel, she looks "advanced"! :-) -MOM

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Love the new pictures! She will look adorable in bows and headbands.

jajbs said...

She is adorable-- I just love those cheeks!


Amanda

Grammy said...

Wow! Such a beauty! Ellie is so adorable! We can hardly wait to see her in the real!
Love,
Grammy

Bekah said...

She is precious....just beautiful!

Aim said...

Hi

Aim said...

Sorry I meant to write more then hi. Your baby is cute on the DVD we got. I will mail it to you if you don't get a copy this week. Take care-Aimee