Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


I found this cute shirt and could not resist getting it for Daniel for Father's Day. (Hannah asked "Why are we getting Daddy a shirt for Ellie?") :) Translation: "I love my Daddy", and though she doesn't know it yet, Ellie does love her daddy! Daniel is a great (i.e. fabulous, hilarious, the best...) dad and I love to watch him in action. I am amazed at his wisdom and leadership in our family. You will have to visit his blog to hear about Hannah's gift.

It is sinking in even more that we have another child and she is not with us. Today was our first Sunday back at church since we found out about Ellie, so she seems even more "real" after showing pictures and telling about her all morning! I was also in the nursery with her age group which made me think about her even more. And... Mark and Michelle had their little Evan at church and I got to meet him for the first time...so there is hope that these kids really DO come home! (What a cutie, by the way.) It was great to get a small taste of their experience in Guat. and I look forward to hearing more.

I am thankful for the Godly heritage that both Daniel's father and mine passed onto us. I praise God for being our Abba Father and allowing us to be called His children by adopting us into His family!

2 comments:

Ty Loves HelloKitty said...

I was so happy to see the pictures of Ellie she is beautiful and she is being welcomed into one of the best families I know! I pray that everything with the adoption goes well and that God will show his blessings on your family..
Much Luv,
Ty

Mom B said...

I love the pictures! Keep them coming! We are praying for God to move the details according to HIs plan, and will continue in prayer for the process. I, too, am the recipient of good leadership through these Bennett men of ours! We love you guys, and are grateful for your walks with God. Love to all my grandkids...Hannah, Austin, Noah, and Ellie!