Monday, August 6, 2007

We Have Heard from the Attorney!!!

We are 34 days into our 60 day wait for Pre-Approval(PA)! The attorney plans to submit us into family court on the 15th or 16th of next week. The average stay in family court is 4 or 5 weeks, we are praying that this will be completed in a timely fashion, against the custom of Guatemalan adoptions, because this looks to be our hold up to get into the final court, PGN. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but I was thrilled to see that we had been submitted for PA earlier than I expected!

These pictures are from Thursday of our trip. The entire team took a day trip across the lake and we chose to stay with Ellie, who was not allowed to leave the property. It was great to get some time just the three of us, without having other responsibilities. We did have to "practice" leaving her because we met the team in town for dinner.


Nothing like a good Daddy wrestle!

Sleeping (sweaty) Beauty! :)

Wearing Mommy's shades!


The coffee shop we visited to pick up the coffee order for the team.
Lake Atitlan, that the team crossed to visit an area destroyed by mudslides shortly after Katrina. Families are still living in temporary shelters.

Daniel and I at the restaurant. We had just ran, yes literally, into the market to find a painting that Daniel had seen earlier, but wanted to show me before buying. The restaurant had a beautiful view of the lake!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

What great pictures of you and your little princess!!

MiMi was JP's caregiver too. I am sure they knew each other at the EN! My heart sunk a little when I saw the picture of them---it was a very emotional time for MiMi when she brought JP to me at the hotel.

I pray for her every day!

Amy said...

So happy to hear that you were further along in the wait for PA than you had thought. Praying for quick trip through PA and FC.

Daniel Bennett said...

Happy Anniversary!

Grammy said...

What beautiful pictures, both of you and your additon to the family and of the area. Gramps and I wish you both a happy anniversary today!
Love you all,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog from reading another blog. Our son's birthday is also July 12, 2006 and he was at EN too! We brought him home in June and we are so thankful! My husband and I are from central Illinois (Moweaqua and Pana) however we live near Nashville now. I look forward to following your journey.

Blessings,
Shelly
shellyvits@hotmail.com

Julia Bennett said...

Yea! That is great news. We will keep praying. ...and happy anniversary! We are off to celebrate Em's birthday in a minute.