Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Few More Delays...

It's international adoption, so nothing is more common than delays. My phone rang at 3am to inform us that our flight to Atlanta was canceled, preventing us from making the flight to Guatemala. I am currently on hold with Delta seeing if I can fix our flights. As of now, we are going to Chicago, then Houston, then arriving in Guatemala at 10pm rather than 12:30pm. :(

If you talked to me lately, I was trying to stay prepared for the fact that we might not get Ellie today. (Thought it would be on the Guat end though. :) )

Off hold...new flights are the only way to make it to Guat today, so we will take it. God is sovereign over the Atlanta weather as well.


Happy Birthday Austin! We love you!!!

Our little boy is now FIVE!He was born on Super Bowl Sunday, just in time for the game, so it is fitting that he is a football fan. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! :)

Dear God, I pray that You would direct Whitney and Daniel today. Keep them safe on their flights. Help them have patience in Your timing, Lord. God, I praise You in their journey to adding Ellie to their family. You have worked mightily. I praise You in how they have been a great testimony of Your great faithfulness. Please bless them as Ellie can in person join their family. Please give them a blessed trip to Guatamala and back. Please give Hannah, Austin, & Noah a good time while being cared for here in IL. I pray these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

Love to you, Whitney and Daniel - it's been a joy to watch your journey - I still remember last Christmastime when you were in meetings with the adoption agency and the kids were here to play. Thanks for including us in your journey.

We love you all - all SIX of you!

Nicole for the Peppers


The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Shelly said...

Whitney,
I am praying you are on your way now and the rest of the trip goes smoothly.
Shelly

mjdav said...

"A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9

God is protecting you every step of the way!

Grammy said...

Dear children and grandchildren,
Our hopes and prayers are with you all. We love you. I check your blog every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, looking for news and pictures.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!Wish we could be seeing you. We love you.
Grammy and Gramps

Ashley said...

Praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Austin says...

I love you. I builded a toolbox at Lowe's. And I ate honey and peanut butter sandwiches. And I got to play with the K'Nex like at Grandpa and Grandma's. I painted race cars with water. I'm having pepperoni pizza for my birthday dinner. I love you, Ellie.

hannah said...

praying that you are there real soon holding your baby girl in your arms.

Jami said...

Oh Whitney! I'm so sorry that happened. I think we were on the exact same flight (time) on our way to Guatemala and it got cancelled in the middle of the night too!! SO FRUSTRATING!!

I'm praying for you guys now as you are probably right now in the air! I CAN'T wait to see pics with you and sweet Ellie! We WILL have to get together once you get settled!

Anonymous said...

You guys might be in GC by now. :) Praying for you. Tonight in the car Emma said, "I can't wait to see that cutie Ellie." We're ALL excited over here!