Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nesting

This post is mainly for my mom and sister, who spent so much time making new bedding and curtains for the girls' room. I told them what colors and patterns I wanted, and they came up with this beautiful bedding!

You know that I am nesting if I am up at 11pm sewing a table cloth for the room with the extra fabric, as I am no seamstress! :)

I plan on adding some pictures of the girls together above the bed and pictures of Guatemala above the crib.

The table got painted.

We left a small tree out with Ellie's Christmas presents.

Doing the girls room involved switching rooms with the boys, and setting up bunks for the boys.

I painted the small shelf and the crates.

13 comments:

Em said...

I can't wait to see pictures of all four of the kids in their newly decorated bedrooms. Praying for you all!

Emily

Leah said...

Looks great! What great colors! You're mom and sister did an excellent job!

Mom B said...

Fantastic! Kudos to Linda and Amanda!

Stephanie said...

Ellie is going to love it!

Anonymous said...

awesome job on the crates! ok, now you are going to have to teach me how to sew the liners.--amber :)

Anonymous said...

Just looking at how you have prepared for Ellie makes me all fuzzy and warm inside...it is obvious you have put a lot of love and thought into her home coming. I pray that all goes well and that she is enveloped with love as she enters her new home...it even resonates via the Internet - I can only imagine what it feels like in person. Blessings to you and am praying for you in these days of waiting (with an end in sight!!!) and for safe travels to get your #4.

Love,
Rosie........:)

Andrea said...

How perfect for the two of them! Great job!!!

It will be here before you know it!

Donna said...

Love the rooms! Your mom and sis did a great job! I know the excitment must be growing daily!! Prayers are being sent your way!

Amanda and Paul said...

The bedding looks amazing!! Your mom and Amanda have such an amazing gift. My little Ella's room is amazing thanks to them!! I am so excited for you guys!!

Jenn said...

Congrats on getting pink! The rooms look great!

Amy said...

Looking good!

Grammy said...

Dear Whit,
Beautiful job with the girls' new room! I know you are so proud of how your mom and sis worked so hard to help you fix up their room. You have done a fantastic job of decorating both bedrooms.
Love to you all,
Grammy and Gramps

Anonymous said...

The room is beautiful. :) They did a great job making the quilts and you did a great job decorating, Whitney! :)